Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

How do I submit my application?

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) applications

The eTA application form is available online. Apply now for an eTA.

Temporary resident applications (visitor visa, study permit or work permit)

For online applications:

Currently, we accept online applications for all temporary resident applications, except for temporary resident permits.

Start by answering a few questions to find out which immigration programs you can apply for. If you are eligible, we will give you instructions on how to submit your online application.

For paper applications:

For temporary resident applications made outside Canada, you may:

Inside Canada, most people must apply online. Find out more about applying to visit, work or study in Canada.

Permanent resident applications

Where to send your application depends on which permanent resident program you apply for. Instructions on where to send your application are in the “Mail the application” section of the application guide.

Citizenship applications

All applications to become a Canadian citizen or resume your Canadian citizenship must be sent to the Case Processing Centre in Sydney (CPC-S).

Where you send applications to give up (renounce) your citizenship, get proof of citizenship (citizenship certificate) or to search the citizenship records depends on where you live.

  • If you live in Canada or the United States, send your application to the Case Processing Centre in Sydney (CPC-S).
  • If you live outside Canada and outside the United States, send your application to the Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate responsible for your area.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Glossary term

Date modified: