Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

How can I sponsor my spouse or children?

You can sponsor your spouse, partner or child to live in Canada if you’re a:

  • Canadian citizen
  • person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
  • permanent resident

Find out more about the steps and requirements to sponsor your spouse, partner or child.

If you’re coming to Canada for a short time, find out if your spouse, partner or child can come with you.

If you’re looking for information about sponsoring another family member, find out how to:

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

How to video

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: