Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

What should I do if my PR card has been lost, stolen or destroyed?

Canada’s entry requirements are changing

Permanent residents of Canada must carry and present their valid permanent resident (PR) card or permanent resident travel document when boarding a flight to Canada, or travelling to Canada on any other commercial carrier. If you do not carry your PR card or permanent resident travel document, you may not be able to board your flight, train, bus, or boat to Canada.

It is your responsibility to ensure that your PR card is still valid when you return from travel outside Canada, and to apply for a new PR card when your current card expires.

It depends on whether you are inside or outside Canada. Either way, you have to tell us what happened so we can prevent your card from being used by someone else.

Follow the instructions in the “Replace a lost, stolen or destroyed PR card” section on the page to apply for a PR card.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date modified: