Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

The refugee our group wanted to sponsor was refused after an interview. Can we appeal?

There is no formal appeal process. However, if you believe the visa officer made a legal error, you can send the details to the following address:

Case Management
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Jean Edmonds North Tower
300 Slater Street, 9th Floor
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

In some cases, you may seek a judicial review by the Federal Court of Canada. This is not an appeal on the merits of the case. Rather, this review examines the process that led to the decision, to see whether the process was fair and reasonable.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date modified: