Can resettled refugees apply for student loans?
Yes, as permanent residents, they are eligible for the same types of student loans as other permanent residents. Sponsoring groups do not have to cover tuition costs during the sponsorship year.
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- Who is eligible for sponsorship under the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program?
- Who can sponsor a refugee?
- How long does it take before a privately sponsored refugee gets to Canada?
- Who decides whether a refugee can be sponsored and resettled?
- What kind of support do government-assisted refugees get?
- Date modified: