Are there different rules if I want to sponsor a refugee from Turkey?
There are no longer restrictions on cases that may be submitted for private sponsorship of refugees out of Turkey.
However, to increase the chances of being granted an exit permit by the Government of Turkey, sponsors should ensure that refugees are registered with the local Turkish authorities. Please refer to Guidelines on Sponsorship out of Turkey for additional information.
This new procedure came into effect in September 2015 following successful implementation of a project under which the department accepted a limited number of applications from Sponsorship Agreement Holders for refugees in Turkey.
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- Who is eligible for sponsorship under the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program?
- Who can sponsor a refugee?
- How long does it take before a privately sponsored refugee gets to Canada?
- Who decides whether a refugee can be sponsored and resettled?
- What kind of support do government-assisted refugees get?
- Date modified: