Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

What kinds of help do privately sponsored refugees get?

Financial help

Privately sponsored refugees get financial help from their sponsors in most cases.

The federal government doesn’t usually give financial support. There are some programs where the government helps to fund initial costs. These programs include the Joint Assistance Sponsorship Program or the Blended Visa Office-Referred Program.

Settlement services

Privately sponsored refugees become permanent residents when they arrive in Canada. They can get the same government-funded settlement services as other permanent residents, such as:

  • information and orientation services
  • help finding and keeping a job
  • language training
  • support to build connections in communities

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date modified: