Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Does government provide all the support to government-assisted refugees?

No. Organizations across Canada provide initial support services for government-assisted refugees, with funding from the federal government and other sources, such as provincial or municipal governments, and non-profit organizations. The Government of Canada also:

  • provides financial support for government-assisted refugees, and
  • funds longer term settlement support services for them.

Provinces also fund organizations to provide services for permanent residents and Canadian citizens.

Note: The province of Quebec provides money and support services to government-assisted refugees in Quebec.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date modified: