Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

I am a dual citizen of the U.S. and another country. Do I need an eTA?

No. As long as you travel with a valid U.S. passport, you do not need an eTA to enter Canada.

American citizens, including American-Canadian citizens, must carry proper identification and meet the basic requirements to enter Canada. You do not need a Canadian passport, a Canadian visa or an eTA to fly to Canada if you are travelling with a valid U.S. passport.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful


  • Come to Canada

How to videos

Glossary term

Date modified: