Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

I am a permanent resident of Canada. Do I need an eTA if I leave and want to return to Canada by air?

No, you do not need an eTA if you are a permanent resident of Canada.

However, you must travel with a valid Permanent Resident Card or a Permanent Resident Travel Document. Otherwise, you may face delays or be prevented from boarding your flight to Canada.

If you do not currently have a Permanent Resident Card, find out how to apply.

If you are a Canadian permanent resident outside of Canada and do not have a Permanent Resident Card or your card is expired, find out how to apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful


  • Come to Canada

How to videos

Glossary term

Date modified: