Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

What credential should I get assessed for immigration purposes?

Usually, you should choose the highest level degree, diploma or certificate (or combination) that will award you the most points.

For example, you would get more points for an ECA report that shows you have a Canadian equivalent of a master’s degree than for one that shows you have the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree.

But, if you have more than one degree or diploma (if the highest is at least at a bachelor’s level), you will get more points than a single bachelor’s degree.

For example, you hold

  • a Bachelor’s degree and a diploma or certificate or
  • two Bachelor’s degrees

In this case, you need to get an ECA for each credential to get the maximum points.

Find out more about getting your education assessed.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful


  • Come to Canada

How to videos

Glossary term

Date modified: