How can Canadians help in our response to the Syrian crisis?
Canada has a rich history of supporting those in need of protection and safety. This is a time for Canadians to come together as we open our hearts and communities to welcome refugees to their new home.
You can help make a difference in their lives in a number of different ways:
- Volunteer with an organization that works with newcomers in your area
- Work with thrift stores, food banks and charities
- Donate funds locally or internationally
- Sponsoring a refugee.
Visit How Canadians can help for more information.
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- Who is eligible for sponsorship under the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program?
- Who can sponsor a refugee?
- How long does it take before a privately sponsored refugee gets to Canada?
- Who decides whether a refugee can be sponsored and resettled?
- What kind of support do government-assisted refugees get?
- Date modified: