Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

I am a Canadian citizen and a citizen of another country. Can I fly to Canada with my non-Canadian passport?

No. Canadians citizens, including dual citizens, need to fly to Canada with a valid Canadian passport.

Special circumstances:

Flying in a few days or at the airport without a Canadian passport

You can apply for a special authorization that, if approved, will allow you to board your flight with your valid non-Canadian passport.


You don’t need a Canadian passport, a Canadian visa or an eTA to fly to Canada if you are travelling with a valid U.S. passport. American citizens, including American-Canadian citizens, must carry proper identification and meet the basic requirements to enter Canada.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful


  • Come to Canada

How to videos

Glossary term

Date modified: