Can I use my email address when I apply for an eTA on behalf of someone?
Yes. If the applicant does not have an email address, you can use yours. However, by entering your email address, you will get all emails from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) about the person’s application. You will also continue to get relevant emails for the period the eTA is valid (up to 5 years).
If you enter the person’s email, IRCC will email the applicant directly.
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- What file formats can I upload to my account?
- How do I view the messages in my account?
- Can I send a new document after I apply online?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
- How do I upload documents to my IRCC Portal account after I’ve submitted my application?
How to videos
- Date modified: