When trying to link my application to my IRCC secure account, it says there are no matches. What’s going on?
There could be a few reasons why you can’t link your application.
Your application is not in our system yet.
If you applied by mail or in person, it may take some time before we enter your information in our system. Once we enter, you’ll be able to link your application.
You selected the wrong application category.
For some programs, there are different categories you can be invited to apply under. If you were invited to apply under a specific category, make sure you select the right one.
- For the Canadian experience class, select “Canadian Experience Class” as the sub-category, not “Express Entry”. Similarly, for the Federal Skilled Worker Program and Federal Skilled Trades Program, choose the matching sub-category.
- For any work permit through International Experience Canada (including open work permits), select the subcategory “International Experience Canada.”
The information provided does not match what is in our system
The system will only link an application if the information you enter matches the application exactly. Make sure you don’t have any extra spaces before or after what you type into each field.
If you contacted us after you applied and updated any information, including passport information, provide the most recent information.
These are the most common issues experienced when trying to link an application.
- Enter your name as it appears on your passport if you applied on paper. This is what we enter into our system.
- If you’re applying for family sponsorship, in the last question, “Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application”, also include the sponsor and the co-signer (if applicable). The number entered will be at least 2.
- If you selected the option Place of Birth under Applicant’s personal information, enter the “City/town of birth” as it appears on your passport (if applicable) or the IMM 0008 form, if no passport information was provided.
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- Which applications can I link to my online account?
- Why was I locked out when I tried to link my application?
- What happens after I link my application to my online account?
- Why are there differences between the status I see in the Check application status tool (CAS) and in my account?
Form and guide
- Date modified: