I got an email confirmation from IRCC that my eTA application was received, but nothing since then. Can I still travel to Canada?
No. eTA is a mandatory entry requirement. You should not travel to Canada until a decision is made on your application.
Some applications can take several days to process.
If you are leaving for Canada soon, you may want to reschedule your flight.
Check the junk/spam mail folder of the email address you provided on your eTA application form. Some spam filters may block automated emails from IRCC.
If you have not received an email confirmation with an application number within 72 hours of applying, you will need to fill out this Web form:
- Under “Type of application” select “Electronic Travel Authorization”, then “Case Specific Enquiries”.
- Provide as many details as possible about the problem you encountered. Note: It can take us several days to answer your inquiry.
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- What file formats can I upload to my account?
- How do I view the messages in my account?
- Can I send a new document after I apply online?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
- How do I upload documents to my IRCC Portal account after I’ve submitted my application?
How to videos
- Date modified: