I cannot submit the additional documents required for my eTA application by the requested deadline. Can I still travel to Canada?
No. eTA is a mandatory entry requirement. You should not travel to Canada until a decision is made on your application. If you are leaving for Canada soon, you may want to consider rescheduling your flight.
If you are not sure how to submit the documents requested for your eTA application, follow these step-by-step instructions.
If you are waiting for someone (police department, doctor) to send you documents, or have problems uploading the documents and cannot submit them by the deadline, complete this web form to request an extension to the deadline.
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- What file formats can I upload to my account?
- How do I view the messages in my account?
- Can I send a new document after I apply online?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
- How do I upload documents to my IRCC Portal account after I’ve submitted my application?
How to videos
- Date modified: