I want to submit an offer of employment. Where can I find the IMM 5802 form?
In most cases, offers of employment must be submitted online through the Employer Portal, and the IMM 5802 form is no longer accepted.
When you need to complete the IMM 5802 form
In some special cases, you may need to request the IMM 5802 form from us to complete your offer of employment.
- if you’re a foreign entrepreneur coming to Canada to incorporate a new business and you don’t have a Canada Revenue Agency business number yet
- if you’re having problems logging into your Employer Portal account and we can’t fix the issue in time
How to request an IMM 5802 form from us
If you can’t submit an offer using the Employer Portal, email the Employer Portal to request an IMM 5802 form. In your email, include the
- passport information exactly as shown on the passport (full name, date of birth, place of birth, country of citizenship)
- If you’re a foreign entrepreneur, this should be the information on your passport.
- If you’re a Canadian employer, this should be the information on the passport of the foreign worker you’re hiring.
- business name, if known
- business contact address, if known
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
- Can I hold 2 valid work permits at the same time?
- Date modified: