Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Which documents prove I’m eligible for the Interim Federal Health Program?

Any of these documents will prove your eligibility for the Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP):

  • An Acknowledgement of Claim and Notice to Return for Interview Letter—you get this letter after you make a refugee claim and you’re scheduled for an interview.
  • A Refugee Protection Claimant Document—you get this document after your interview and we either
  • An Interim Federal Health Certificate—you get this certificate if you’re a resettled refugee going to live in Canada or a member of another eligible beneficiary group.

An officer from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada or the Canada Border Services Agency will give you your IFHP eligibility document.

Find out how to get health services through IFHP

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date modified: