Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Should I book flights to Canada for refugees I’m sponsoring?

We will issue permanent resident visas to refugees who we accept to be resettled to Canada.

The International Organization for Migration (IOM) usually arranges commercial flights to Canada, as they first need to get any exit permits required by the host country.

You should not book flights from countries that require exit permits. The IOM is our recognized partner and is best placed to complete this process.

The IOM also gives an orientation to Canada and will give Canadian border services details about the refugees and their flights. This makes the refugees’ arrival in Canada go more smoothly.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date modified: