Does the Government of Canada ask private sponsors to collect money from me or my relatives to fund my sponsorship or settlement in Canada?
No, the Government of Canada does not charge or collect application fees for refugees to be resettled.
Notices asking you to deposit money that will later be refunded are false. They do not come from the Government of Canada.
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- Who is eligible for sponsorship under the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program?
- Who can sponsor a refugee?
- How long does it take before a privately sponsored refugee gets to Canada?
- Who decides whether a refugee can be sponsored and resettled?
- What kind of support do government-assisted refugees get?
- Date modified: