Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Which work permit fees do I have to pay?

In most cases, both workers and employers must pay fees before a work permit can be issued.

Check the fee list for the most up-to-date application fees.


If you are applying for an employer-specific work permit, you must pay the work permit processing fee.

If you are applying for an open work permit, you usually have to pay the open work permit holder fee and the work permit processing fee at the same time.


If you need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), you usually need to pay a processing fee to Employment and Social Development Canada. In this case, don’t need to pay the employer compliance fee.

If you don’t need an LMIA, you have to pay the employer compliance fee when you submit the offer of employment using the Employer Portal.

Some employers don’t need to pay the employer compliance fee. Find out if you are exempt.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Help tool

  • Come to Canada

How to video

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: