Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Do I submit an offer of employment even if a foreign company will pay my company’s temporary worker?

Yes, if your Canadian company has contracted the services of a foreign company, you must submit the offer of employment in the Employer Portal. This is required under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Even though the foreign company will pay the temporary worker’s salary, you have hired them to work in Canada.

Use the Alternate compensation scheme field in the offer of employment to explain that the foreign company will pay the temporary worker.

Answers others found useful

Help tool


Glossary term

Date modified: