Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

I don’t have a Canada Revenue Agency number. How do I submit an offer of employment?

All Canadian organizations with employees must have a Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) business number. If you want to hire temporary workers, you will need to get a CRA number.

There is an exception if the foreign worker is both the employer and the temporary worker. This applies if you are a foreign worker who is:

  • self-employed or an entrepreneur and
  • starting a business in Canada

In this case, you must email us with the following information:

  • your name
  • your date of birth
  • your citizenship and country of birth
  • your gender

We will use this information to link your offer of employment (as the employer) to your work permit application (as the temporary worker).

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Help tool


Glossary term

Date modified: