Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

I’m an employer in the International Mobility Program. Do I still need to use the Employer Portal?

In most cases, yes, you will have to submit your offer and pay the employer compliance fee using the Employer Portal before the worker can apply for a work permit.

However, there are some situations where you will not have to use the Employer Portal.

Open work permits

If you hire a temporary worker who has an open work permit, you don’t need to submit an offer of employment or pay the employer compliance fee.

An open work permit allows the permit holder to work for any Canadian employer.

Employer compliance exemptions

Some LMIA-exempt employers don’t need to submit an offer of employment in the Employer Portal or pay the employer compliance fee. Find out if you are exempt from the employer compliance process.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Help tool


Glossary term

Date modified: