Can I communicate with a refugee I sponsor before they arrive in Canada?
Yes, you can. When we approve your sponsorship application, we give you a name and contact number for the refugee you’re sponsoring.
We also give them your contact information so they can reach out to you if they want to.
Answers others found useful
- Who is eligible for sponsorship under the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program?
- Who can sponsor a refugee?
- How long does it take before a privately sponsored refugee gets to Canada?
- Who decides whether a refugee can be sponsored and resettled?
- What kind of support do government-assisted refugees get?
- Date modified: