Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

I received a pardon for my crime. Can I enter Canada?

It depends. If you received a Canadian record suspension or pardon (as it was formerly called), you are no longer inadmissible because of that conviction and can likely enter Canada.

If you received a pardon or discharge from another country, check with the IRCC office closest to you for more information.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date modified: