Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

How can I prove I’m a resident of a country when applying to International Experience Canada (IEC)?

You may need to prove you’re a resident of a country or territory when you apply to IEC.

To do this, provide us with your mailing or permanent address in that country or territory. You don’t have to be in that country or territory when you apply.

Example: Elsa is a resident of Sweden, but she’s temporarily studying in France. She just needs to give us her address in Sweden.

If you’re an Italian citizen, you’ll also need to provide a residence certificate (certificato di residenza). Make sure you include a certified English or French translation of the certificate. Upload the certificate and translation in the Optional documents slot at the bottom of the Document Checklist page in your account.

Learn more about IEC’s eligibility requirements.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

How to videos

Glossary term

Date modified: