Are there other work permit options I can consider while I wait for my permanent resident application to be processed?
If you already applied for a work permit under the Home Child Care Provider or Home Support Worker Pilots, it will take a while to process your application.
You may also want to apply separately for a work permit or extend your current one under the
- Temporary Foreign Worker Program or
- International Mobility Program
Due to COVID-19, we’ve put some measures in place to help you. If you have an employer-specific work permit and you want to change jobs or employers, you
- must apply for a new work permit from inside Canada
- don’t need to wait until we approve the application to start your new job or work for a new employer
- just need an email from us that says you have permission to change jobs
Find out more about changing jobs or employers.
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- What does my family sponsorship application status mean?
- Why can’t I create a permanent residence tracker account for my sponsorship application?
- Why have processing times changed for some applications types?
- How do I check the status of my Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel application?
- Date modified: