I have received a Canadian job offer. What documents do I need from my future employer?
In most cases, the employer must send you:
- the job offer and a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) number; or
- the offer of employment number.
Once you have one of these numbers, you can apply to get, extend or modify a work permit.
If you apply for an open work permit, you don’t need to provide any documents from an employer.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
- Can I hold 2 valid work permits at the same time?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: