Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

I have received a Canadian job offer. What documents do I need from my future employer?

In most cases, the employer must send you:

Once you have one of these numbers, you can apply to get, extend or modify a work permit.

If the employer is LMIA-exempt, find out how to get a work permit for these jobs.

If you apply for an open work permit, you don’t need to provide any documents from an employer.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Help tool

  • Come to Canada

How to video

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: