My International Experience Canada application was approved, but I didn’t go to Canada. Does that count as a participation?
No. As of January 9, 2023, it only counts as a participation if you arrive in Canada and receive your work permit.
In the past, getting a port of entry (POE) letter of introduction counted as a participation. The definition of a participation changed to help youth who could not come to Canada before their POE letter expired.
If you applied before January 9, 2023
When to create a new profile
You must wait until your POE letter expires to create a new profile.
Answers others found useful
- Can I come to Canada before I receive my POE Letter?
- What type of insurance do I need for International Experience Canada?
- Can I change employers if I have an International Experience Canada work permit?
- Can I extend my International Experience Canada work permit?
- Can I stay in Canada as a tourist after my work permit expires?
- Date modified: