Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Can I appeal a decision on a work permit application?

Under Canada's Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, there is no formal right of appeal on temporary resident decisions. Instead, you can reapply. If possible, a different officer will examine the application.

You can also ask for a judicial review through the Federal Court of Canada, if you think the process was not fair. A lawyer in Canada would act on your behalf.

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date modified: