Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Can I apply to extend my Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program work permit?

No. The rules for the Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program (SAWP) differ from those for other work permits. Under the SAWP, you may remain in Canada for a maximum of 8 months between January 1st and December 15th. You must leave Canada no later than December 15th. Your employer must request authorization from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) to hire you each season. This is known as a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment. More information is available from ESDC and the Quebec’s Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion. Your employer may want to rehire you. Even so, you must go back to your home country before you can apply for another work permit.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date modified: