Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

My work permit has expired. Can I apply for another one?

Yes, but you can only do this if your permit expired fewer than 90 days ago. You also need to restore your temporary status in Canada.

Since you need to apply to restore your status after it has expired, you can’t work while this application is in progress.

How to restore your status and get a work permit.

International Experience Canada participants

To restore your status, you must be eligible to extend your work permit. See Extend or change your work permit - International Experience Canada.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Help tool

  • Come to Canada

How to video

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: