I’ve maintained my status, but my health insurance card, driver’s licence and other government ID documents have expired. How can I renew my ID documents?
You should apply to renew your government ID before your work or study permit expires.
If you applied online to extend or change your work permit, you can use your letter (WP-EXT except PGWP) as proof that you’re authorized to keep working.
What to do if you need to renew your government ID document
These services are provided by the province you live in. If you need to renew your government ID, you’ll have to apply to the government of the province or territory you live in. That government will decide how and when they renew the documents.
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
- Can I hold 2 valid work permits at the same time?
- Date modified: