Does each person applying for a work permit from outside Canada have to fill out a separate application?
All applicants must complete and sign their own application, even if they’re travelling to Canada together as a family. A parent or guardian must sign the form for applicants under the age of 18.
Some family members can apply for an open work permit at the same time as the principal work permit applicant. It depends on the type of worker the principal applicant is.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
- Can I hold 2 valid work permits at the same time?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: