Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

What if a foreign worker becomes sick, has an accident, is hospitalized or needs home recovery?

Your employee is entitled to sick leave, as set out in provincial or territorial legislation. Do not force your employee to work if they are ill. The required health or workers' compensation plan in your province or territory should cover the employee.

Your responsibility depends on the coverage provided under these plans. Your employee may also be able to collect Employment Insurance sickness benefits. For more information, contact your provincial or territorial labour standards board.

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date modified: