Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

My employer is moving to another province or territory. Do I need a new work permit or Labour Market Impact Assessment?

If your employer is moving to a new province or territory, they must get a new Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada. Also, you must get a new work permit before you can work in the new location.

Apply for a new work permit well before you move to the new location with your employer. Be sure to apply at least 30 days before your current work permit expires.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date modified: