Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Can I change employers under the Live-in Caregiver Program?

Yes, you may change employers under the Live-in Caregiver Program. However, you must first sign an employment contract with your new employer so that your new employer may apply for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). After Employment and Social Development Canada issues a positive LMIA, you must apply for a new work permit.

There are several other steps you must take before you change employers, including asking your current employer for some documents. For more information, see Changing Jobs.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date modified: