Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Can my family come to Canada with me if I am a live-in caregiver?

Family members do not normally come to Canada with people working under the Live-in Caregiver Program. Even if an employer agrees that a family member can live with you in the home where you will provide care, future employers may not agree to the same terms. Also, you may not make enough money to support your family members in Canada.

However, you may be allowed to bring your family with you if you satisfy a visa officer that:

  • you have enough money to care for and support your family members in Canada, and
  • your employer will let them live in the home where you will provide care.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date modified: