Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

May I send my open work permit application and permanent residence applications separately?

Yes. If you did not send an open work permit application with your permanent residence application, you can send it separately. Write, “Open Work Permit — Live-in Caregiver” on the top of the application form.

Note, however, that if your application for permanent residence in Canada cannot be located, the application for an open work permit may be refused. This is why we advise you to submit both applications at the same time.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date modified: