Do I need to extend my work permit while my permanent residence application is being processed?
You should submit your open work permit application with your permanent residence application. If you do so, you do not need to renew your current Live-in Caregiver Program work permit to keep working for your employer.
However, you may need a valid work permit to renew documents such as your social insurance card or your health card. In these cases, you would need to renew your work permit.
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- What does my family sponsorship application status mean?
- Why can’t I create a permanent residence tracker account for my sponsorship application?
- Why have processing times changed for some applications types?
- How do I check the status of my Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel application?
Form and guide
- Date modified: