Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

How many hours of work experience do I need as a Live-in Caregiver to apply for permanent residence?

Live-in caregivers working in Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program need a certain amount of work experience to apply for permanent residence. They can qualify with one of two amounts of experience:

  • 24 months of authorized full-time employment; or
  • 3,900 hours of authorized full-time employment.

Live-in caregivers applying for permanent residence under the Live-in Caregiver Program, must choose one of these options. We will assess the application according to the option the applicant chooses.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

How to video

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: