Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

If the name of my place of birth has changed, what place of birth should I enter in CAS?

In Client Application Status (CAS), use the name of your place of birth that appears on your immigration document.

If there is an error in the name of your place of birth on your immigration document, fill out a Request to Amend the Record of Landing, Confirmation of Permanent Residence or Valid Temporary Resident Documents form and send it to the IRCC Query Response Centre in Ottawa. You can find the address in the Document Checklist that comes with the application.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Glossary term

Date modified: