Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Am I eligible to apply as a permanent resident under the Canadian Experience Class?

To be eligible, you must

  • have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the 3 years before you apply
  • meet or exceed the required language levels needed for the National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill level of your work experience in each language ability (speaking, reading, writing and listening)

Skilled work experience means work experience gained in Training, Education, Experience and Responsibilities categories 0, 1, 2 or 3.

To find out if your work experience qualifies, search for it in the list of jobs classified under the NOC.

There are also other requirements you must meet.

Note: Completing an Express Entry profile is the first step to immigrate to Canada permanently as a skilled worker. Completing an Express Entry profile does not guarantee that you will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence. An Invitation to Apply for permanent residence will be based on your score and rank in the Express Entry pool using the Comprehensive Ranking System.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful


  • Come to Canada

How to videos

Glossary term

Date modified: