Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Can I still be eligible for Canadian Experience Class if I have returned to my country?

Yes, you can be eligible for the Canadian Experience Class so long as you meet the requirements under the class. This includes having gained at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount of part-time) work experience in Canada

  • in the 3 years before you’re invited to apply
  • in a job listed as Training, Education, Experience and Responsibilities category 0, 1, 2 or 3 of the National Occupational Classification

Note: Completing an Express Entry profile is the first step to immigrate to Canada permanently as a skilled worker. Completing an Express Entry profile does not guarantee that you will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence. An Invitation to Apply for permanent residence will be based on your score and rank in the Express Entry pool using the Comprehensive Ranking System.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful


  • Come to Canada

How to videos

Glossary term

Date modified: