Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

If my adopted child’s application is refused, what can I do?

The process to appeal the decision is different for the immigration and citizenship process.


If your adopted child’s application for permanent residence is refused, you may appeal the decision to the Immigration Appeal Division at the Immigration and Refugee Board.


If your adopted child’s application for a grant of citizenship is refused, you may apply for a judicial review of the decision to the Federal Court of Canada.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

How to video

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: