Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Do I need to pay someone to represent me on my citizenship application?

No. A representative can be paid or not. If your representative is paid, they must be a member in good standing of:

  • a law society of a province or territory (this category includes paralegals and students-at-law, if they act under the supervision of a lawyer or a notary in Quebec),
  • the Chambre des notaires du Québec or
  • the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (CICC).

You can find out whether a representative is licensed or able to provide immigration or citizenship advice if you know which organization they belong to.

If your representative is not paid, they can be a friend, a family member, a person from a religious or non-governmental organization, or anyone else.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date modified: