How can I get information on an individual who arrived in Canada before 1936?
Landing and immigration records for individuals who arrived in Canada before 1936 (passenger lists 1865–1935 and border entry lists 1908–1935) are kept by Library and Archives Canada. They are available free of charge. Send requests for these records to:
Library and Archives Canada
Researcher Services Division
395 Wellington Street, 3rd floor
For more information on the Canadian Genealogy Centre, you may consult the following website: www.collectionscanada.ca.
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- Who can make a request under the Access to Information Act?
- What information is available under the Access to Information Act and Privacy Act?
- Who can make a request under the Privacy Act?
- How and where do I submit an Access to Information or Privacy request?
- What is the fee for an Access request?
- Date modified: