Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

I am a new permanent resident of Canada. Do I need to apply for a permanent resident card?

No, we will mail your permanent resident (PR) card to you when you arrive in Canada.

If you did not provide your Canadian mailing address when you became a permanent resident, use our online address notification tool to send it to us. You must provide your address within 180 days of the day you become a permanent resident. If you do not send it within 180 days, we will cancel the PR card and you will have to apply for another one and pay the processing fees.

Check current processing times to see how long you will have to wait to get your new card. Please tell us if you did not get your PR card within the processing times.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Help tool

How to video

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: